Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pumpkin Pie for "Easter"

As I was rummaging through my freezer and pantry this morning I saw one of my favourites wanting to be baked.
Pumpkin and a frozen pie shell!

What did that mean to me?  Heck, yes.. bake a pumpkin pie on a Wednesday.  A friend asked if this was a new tradition for Easter. I said Sure, why not, who doesn't like pumpkin pie.

I followed the directions on the can of Libby's Pumpkin and mixed away.  I pre-heated the oven to 425 degrees, sprayed the empty pie shell with Pam and baked it for approximately 10 minutes. I like my crust a golden brown with a crunch!
Once that was baked to "perfection", I poured the liquid pumpkin mixture in the shell and baked it for 15 minutes as 425 degrees.  After the 15 minute mark, turn down the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 48 minutes.  Before removing it from the oven, check the pie to ensure it's done. I like to use a clean knife and gently place it in the center of the pie and if it comes out clean, it's done. *if not, then place it back in for a few more minutes, Keep an eye on it! You don't want this delicious pie to burn nor over bake.

Place the pie on a cooling rack and then serve.  If you're ready to serve, place it in the refrigerator.

Here's a picture of my masterpiece. I can't wait to eat a slice!   Don't forget to add your special sweet topping, whether it's cool whip, Reddi-whip, or Vanilla bean ice cream.



Enjoy!

Sweets,
Stepheny

No comments:

Post a Comment