Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturdays are made for baking

Contrary to *my belief.. I always say Saturdays are made for Dancing a local dance clubs in Orlando.  One of my favourites is Independent Bar located in the heart of downtown Orlando.

Today is different; it's all about baking all sorts of yummy sweets.  My muse comes in various forms, this time it was a picture found in a magazine. I saw a cute cupcake in the form of the beginnings of life growing out of a shell filled with dirt.  I thought, what a great concept for a "Welcome Spring" sweet cupcake dessert.  My friends will totally Love the idea, more importantly eat the sweet creation.

I started with using Pillsbury white cake mix and used the 1/3 measuring cup to pour equal amounts of batter in each cupcake paper cup.  Baked the cupcakes according to the directions on the box and cooled them on a rack.

Right now I'm making the butter cream icing and creating the flowers using butter cream stiff consistency. 

Pictures will be posted in a later update.

If you have any questions regarding baking or almost anything, please send me an email at stephs_sweets@hotmail.com

Thank you.

Sweets,
Stepheny

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, I'm an official follower now. Party went great. The cake was a HUGE hit. Everyone loved the lemon and strawberries, even some of the kids picked it over the cupcakes. It did slide again on the way there, but with the coconut on the sides already it was easy to scoot back into place. No big really, like I said everyone loved it. If you are interested in checking out that other food blog I read its www.melskitchencafe.com She does a lot a desserts especially around the holidays. I pull more dinner recipes from her. More a cook than a baker myself. Thanks again and don't sweat it on today.

    ReplyDelete