Friday, January 28, 2011

Baking something sweet on a cold night like this

I decided to stay in tonight, make dinner and dessert.  For dinner, Tandoori Chicken, baked sweet potatoes and broccoli.  Dessert will be Candy Cane Cupcakes.  I am trying this box recipe. It was a gift from the holidays and I thought, why not, sounds pretty tasty.

Traditionally I bake from scratch, but with it being late, I thought to bake with a little help!
This kit includes chocolate cake mis, vanilla frosting mix and peppermint krunch topping. I have all the ingredients: 2 eggs, 5 tbsp softened butter and 1/2 cup and 2 tsp milk.
Bake at 350F for 13-17 minutes, let cool then frost and decorate. Dessert is served!

Peppermint topped chocolate cupcakes *complete mix from a box

I enjoy making frosting from scratch, gluten free powdered sugar, water, vanilla and shortening.  It's not low calories, but it's quite tasty.  Sometimes you just need a little bit of yum!  I will post pictures as soon as they are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment